Just because summer’s over doesn’t mean we’re done with barbecue season. There are plenty of reasons to plan a barbecue this fall; whether you’re having friends over to watch the football game, throwing a corporate party to reward your employees for a big accomplishment, or you’re just trying to hang on to that summer feeling for just a bit longer, a barbecue party can be a lot of fun for you and your guests even if the temperature’s cooling down. At Catering by Jessica Lee, we’ve got lots of options for a post-summer barbecue – today we’d like to share a few of our favorite menu items for those of you who want to give the summer barbecue one last hurrah.
Chef’s Stations for Your Barbecue Party
The guests at your barbecue are going to expect bold flavors with a heavy emphasis on smoky grilled meats. On top of that, you’ll want some side dishes that compliment all those juicy meats. Some of our chef-attended stations would be perfect for your barbecue; here are a few examples:
- Cherry Smoked Pulled Pork Station – We take the finest choice pork butts and smoke them to perfection; served with caramelized onion, jicama slaw, grilled pineapple salsa, and your choice of homemade sauces. Put that on a sweet, buttery brioche roll and you’ve got a winning combination for any time of year!
- Cheese Steak Station – What could be better for a football party than Cheesesteaks make from our fresh house-sliced beef top round or chicken breast? Whether you want a classic wiz-wit Philly Cheesesteak (with our own house-made cheese sauce), a Buffalo Chicken Steak, or a California Style Steak, we’ve got all the fixings you could ask for, served on a classic Amoroso roll.
- Slider Station – You can’t have a barbecue without burgers and our slider station gives you lots of fun options. Choose from 2 oz Angus Burgers, Hawaiian marinated chicken, or Zesty Black Bean Burgers and add toppings like mushrooms, bacon, cheese, avocado, sauces, and so much more.
- Wings Station – You’ll love our grilled dry rub wings or boneless tenders, especially when they’re tossed in hot, honey, or barbecue sauce!
Barbecue Party Side Dishes
While barbecues tend to be focused on the main course of grilled meats, everyone likes a little variety (and you’ve got to keep your vegetarian party guests happy as well). In addition to our black bean burger sliders, we’ve got salads and side dishes to complement your barbecue spread.
- Grilled corn and black bean salad with cilantro lime vinaigrette
- Greek pasta salad with feta cheese, Kalamata olives
- Roasted red pepper tortellini salad
- Garden salad with mixed greens, mandarin orange, fresh pear, toasted spiced walnuts, and house dressing.
- Freshly tossed traditional Caesar salad
Cheese Display – A spread of fine cheeses is sure to impress; choose from aged provolone, asiago, manchego, jarlsberg, baby bleu, fromage d’affinois, prima donna, and goat cheese, served with crackers and mustard dipping sauces.
These are just a few of the many menu items we have available at Catering by Jessica Lee. If you’re planning an early autumn barbecue (or a wedding or corporate event) the best thing to do is give us a call at (215) 434-4186 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll go over all our options with you and help you construct a menu that’s perfect for your party. Summer may be gone for the year but you don’t have to let the party stop; call us about your barbecue today!